There is so much to see in the Granite Belt region. We have hand picked a few of our favourites below here. Maps are available in the reception. We can also organise winery tours, half day, full day with lunch or even just a couple of hours. Great way to indulge is with a designated driver!
Ideas on the North Side
- Summit Estate Wines: Award winning winery, great selection available. Also now have an Aroma’s room which is self guided.
- Heritage Estate Wines: Well established vineyard with Antique filled cellar door and cafe onsite.
- Stanthorpe Cheese: Cheese tasting available with gorgeous milkshakes and other goodies. All made from the milk produced onsite.
- Castle Glen Liqueurs: Can’t miss the castle. Over 500 products available including liqueurs, preservative free wines and locally brewed beers. Make sure you book your group if visiting.
- Sutton’s Juice Factory: Pick your own apples, home made apple pies plus apple ciders, & liqueuers, apple butters and so many other yum ideas….
Ideas on the South Side
- Bramble Patch: How can you go pass an all day desserter? So many yummy options they now bottle them for you to take home including jams & relishes.
- Ballandean Estate:Ballandean’s oldest winery & very well known now with their gourmet food gallery and barrel room cafe.
- Golden Grove: One of the favourites at the Steakhouse. Beautiful wines and lovely people. Enjoy! Try their Tempranillo…..
- Symphony Hill: Fantastic award winning wines. Sample at the Steakhouse if you don’t have time to visit. (Our personal favourite is the Shiraz – perfect with steak!)
- Girraween National Park: So many walks to choose from. The most well known is the Pyramid & for a quick walk, why not have a look at the Granite Arch. Gorgeous in spring with all the wild flowers.
- Mt Stirling Olives: Great collection of olive products including olive oils, body products and our favourite was the Vietnamese Dipping sauce
Kid Friendy Ideas
- Granite Belt Maze & Mini Golf: So much fun!! Open Fri – Mon 9:30am – 4:30pm and 7 days a week during school holidays. Come & get lost
- Stanthorpe Cheese: Call the day before to organise watching the milking of the cows. Normally around 7:30am and bring your wellies. Remember nice & quiet for the cows.
- Stanthorpe Museum: Open Wed to Saturday. Ride the big red truck or take turns going to gaol!
- Sutton’s Juice Factory: Pick your own apples, home made apple pies plus apple butters and so many other yum ideas….
- Quart Pot Creek: Lots of playgrounds, BBQ Areas, feed the ducks or go for a bike ride. Great way to enjoy the sunshine even on those brisk days!
- Girraween National Park: We have taken our little ones to the Granite Arch and the Guide’s information centre. They loved it! Bring water & snacks & a camera. Plus great swimming hole during summer.
- Mt Stirling Olives & Fudge Cottage: Learn more about where olive oil comes from & then have a little munch on some fudge – everyone wins…
- Heavenly Chocolate: On the way to (or from) Girraween National Park. Perfect way to indulge after a little bit of family exercise.
- Strawberry Farm: When in season, this is so much fun for everyone. Pick your own strawberries or just buy them by the kilo load. Delicious!
- Sightseeing Ideas: Check out Fruitisaurus & The pyramid in Ballandean, or see if the kids spot the Brass Monkey on the main street. Pop into reception for full details on where these ideas are all located.